Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your continued use of this website. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately. We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time. All changes will be noted in these terms and conditions. By using this site after changes have been posted, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them. By continuing to use this site and any of its content, you accept this agreement in full and the following terms and conditions will be binding:
All information, data, trademarks, images, design work, source code and software (“the Contents”) are protected by all applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. All right, title and interest in and to the Contents are licensed to or controlled by Gallagher Convention Centre Training, South Africa and are the property of Gallagher Convention Centre. Any unauthorised use, reproduction, or alteration of any element of this site will be an infringement of these copyrights.
Except as otherwise specifically indicated in a particular portion, file or document provided on this website, you may only view and print one copy of the Contents for your own personal, non-commercial use. You are not allowed to copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on a disk, downloading or in any other way), store (either in hardcopy or in an electronic retrieval system), transmit, transfer, perform, broadcast, publish, reproduce, create a derivative work from, display, distribute, sell, license, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any of the Contents to any third person; without the prior written permission of Gallagher Convention Centre, South Africa.
You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original Contents on the website from any material copied or printed from the website.
2. Use of links
No part of this website may be linked to using hyperlinks that bypass our homepage or be framed in another website in any way whatsoever without prior written permission from Gallagher Convention Centre. Caching of this website or any part thereof is not allowed unless all cached material is refreshed at least every 24 hours. Gallagher Convention Centre reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this website.
3. External links
4. Use of website “as is”
This website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Gallagher Convention Centre are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Gallagher Convention Centre be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. Lawful use of website
You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes. You are not allowed to use this website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful or which infringes on the rights of any third party to use this website.
6. Viruses, damage and availability
Gallagher Convention Centre does not warrant that the functions contained in the material on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
Gallagher Convention Centre cannot be held responsible for any content found in public areas of this site such as forums, user submissions, bulletin boards and chat rooms. Gallagher Convention Centre cannot screen all content that is posted to this site. We do, however, reserve the right to remove any submitted material that we feel might in some way be defamatory, abusive, indecent, unlawful or in violation of the rights of other users in any way. We may also block and/or remove any mail or upload that might contain viruses and/or malicious code/programs that could damage and/or compromise our or any other third party’s system. We also reserve the right to do so without informing you of such action or giving any reason for doing so.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Gallagher Convention Centre suffers any damage or loss.
8. Data protection
This policy only affects websites and pages owned and operated by Gallagher Convention Centre.
a. What information is collected and how is it collected?
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address. When a visitor requests a page from any website within the Gallagher Convention Centre network, our web servers automatically recognize the visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you, other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate, but do not collect and evaluate this information for individuals. Our web servers do not record e-mail addresses of the visitors.
b. What are cookies?
From time to time, Gallagher Convention Centre may send a cookie to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system. You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or allow your browser to show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
c. What other information do you request?
We may also request your e-mail address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey or to provide additional services (for example, subscriptions to e-mail newsletters, announcement lists or information about seminars). Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict “No Spam” policy that means that we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third-party, without your consent. In addition, Gallagher Convention Centre will not send you e-mail that you have not agreed to receive. We may from time to time send e-mail announcing new Gallagher Convention Centre products and services.
d. Will you disclose the information you collect to outside third parties?
Gallagher Convention Centre will disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Gallagher Convention Centre to:
• Protect and defend the rights or property of Gallagher Convention Centre and its website, or visitors to the Gallagher Convention Centre website, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties
• Co-operate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities. Gallagher Convention Centre uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed secure and is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.
10. E-mail disclaimer
Everything in the e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Gallagher Convention Centre is proprietary to the company. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Gallagher Convention Centre does not own and/or endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of Gallagher Convention Centre. The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Gallagher Convention Centre cannot assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.
Applicable law – This website is situated and maintained in South Africa. Therefore these terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
Gallagher Convention Centre Social Media Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is: ATTERBELL INVESTMENTS (PTY)LTD trading as GALLAGHER CONVENTION CENTRE (Company registration number 2010/024889/07 whose registered address is at 19 Richards Drive, Midrand.
- Gallagher’s social media competitions are open to residents of South Africa aged 18 years or over except employees of Gallagher Convention Centre, their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- Gallagher Convention Centre will never charge an entry fee to enter any competitions.
- By entering any competition on the Gallagher Convention Centre Facebook page, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Unless otherwise stipulated by the specific competition, only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing dates for entries to competitions will be stated with the competition on the Gallagher Convention Centre Facebook page. After the specified date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants on the Gallagher Convention Centre social media platform, as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party.
- Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Unless otherwise specified, winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Gallagher and or its agents. Some competitions might require the winner to be selected as a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Gallagher and or its agents.
- Winners will be notified by Direct Message on Facebook within 28 days of the closing date.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify winners when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with competitions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- Any Gallagher Convention Centre winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- Gallagher Convention Centre will not discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Gallagher Convention Centre does not allow any form of hate speech on any of our Social Media pages. Participants who display hateful or violent behaviour on the Gallagher pages will be disqualified from the competition and removed from the Gallagher Convention Centre page.
- The Winner will be announced by 28 February 2018.
- This prize is not transferable. It may not be sold for cash or traded.
- The prize is valid until 10 December 2018.
- The prize is only applicable to the Gallagher Convention Centre premises and its venues.
- The date on which the prize is redeemed is subject to availability at Gallagher Convention Centre.
- Please note that this prize does not include accommodation or transport.
- The validity period of the prize may not be extended.
- The winner & their guests may redeem the prize at their own risk.
- The standard GCC event terms & conditions will apply. The winner will be expected to sign the GCC contract indicating acceptance of the GCC terms & Conditions.