Event Date: 26 April 2014 - 28 April 2014
Gallagher Convention Centre, 19 Richard Drive, Midrand, Gauteng
26 - 28 April 2014
Gallagher Convention Centre, 19 Richards Drive, Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa.
GPS co-ordinates: South 26 degrees 00.065' East 28 degrees 07.908'
Expo Dates and Times
Friday 25 April VIP Viewing - 10:00 to 18:00 (By invitation only)
Saturday 26 April - 08:00 to 17:00
Sunday 27 April - 09:00 to 18:00
Monday 28 April - 09:00 to 17:00
Special 2-day pass - R150 for 2 days
Members of SAHGCA, WRSA and CHASA affiliated associations, under 20 and students: R50
Children under 10: Free
Visitor Parking: R15
HuntEx is the largest expo for hunters and sport shooters on the continent, as well as the largest small calibre weapons expo. The first HuntEx was held in 2011, and attracted 200 exhibitors and just over 16 000 visitors over three days. Since then, HuntEx has grown year on year. HuntEx2013 attracted over 35 000 visitors and 230 exhibitors.
HuntEx2014 promises to be even bigger and better. The entire Gallagher Convention Centre has been booked out for this expo, adding 9000m2 additional exhibition space to accommodate the growing need of dealers and service providers to be part of the biggest hunting and sportshooting showcase in Africa. 276 exhibitors already booked their stands for the 2014 expo with about eight stands still up for grabs as at the end of January 2014.
New features of HuntEx 2014
This year's expo includes 47 exhibition categories - compared to 28 categories in 2013 - providing an even bigger scope of attraction. The focus remains on firearms, with manufacturers from Italy, France and a weapons retailer from Lebanon adding to the variety.
An exciting new feature in this category is an Italian Pavilion in Hall 4 comprising 16 Italian firearm manufacturers from the Gardone Valle Trompia Valley near the ancient city of Brescia in Italy. Last year two Italian manufacturers tested the waters at HuntEx and decided to return, bringing their Italian friends with them. The Italian Pavilion will include an Italian restaurant, Cafe Brescia.
For the first time, HuntEx will also cater for fishermen, offering 200m² exhibition space in Hall 5 for fishing tackle and accessories for this fast-growing outdoor activity.
The game ranching industry also added their support to HuntEx and this sector will have a significant presence at the Expo. Wildlife Ranching SA (WRSA) will hold its AGM and annual gala dinner at Gallagher during the Expo when the winners of the prestige 2013 Game Rancher of the Year Competition will be announced.
Good to know
- Lay-out and access: The lay-out of the Halls and sign-posting of stands and aisles for the 2014 expo will be much improved and make it much easier to find particular exhibitions.
- Catering: Provision has been made for additional eating and restaurant facilities to accommodate large volumes of visitors.
- Travelling and parking: Visitors can use the convenience of the Gautrain to travel to Midrand. HuntEx will provide free micro bus shuttles between Midrand Gautrain station and the Expo venue at Gallagher throughout the day for the duration of the expo.
- Parcel service: The Information desk will double-up as a parcel storage facility that will keep visitors' purchases safe until they return home. A quad-bike shuttle service will run between parking areas and the exhibition.
- Shooting and self-defence demonstrations
Several archery shooting ranges, an airgun paper target shooting range, paint ball, field target shooting and flash ball shooting demonstrations will be available throughout the show days.
Online ticket purchase
To ensure guaranteed access to HuntEx 2014, visitors can purchase entrance tickets (Peregrine Bullet Pass) online from www.huntex.net, https://www.facebook.com/huntex.net. Visitors wishing to attend the VIP day on 25 April should approach their nearest gun-dealer that exhibits at HuntEx2014. Only 3350 VIP tickets are available for purchase at R100 a ticket.
View exhibitors list and floor plans at http://www.huntex.net/exhibitorlist.html
- Airsoft Weapons
- Ammunition, Bullets , Cases and Propellant
- Black-powder Weapons and Equipment
- Books and Magazines
- Biltong, Wine and Spices
- Camping and Outdoor Equipment
- Clothing and Footwear (Hunting, Tactical, Self Defence, Outdoor)
- Communication and Internet Services
- Fishing Tackle and Equipment
- Fishing Boats and Inflatables
- Game Farm Fencing
- Game Farm Ownership Services
- Gear and Accessories
- GPS and Marine Acoustic Devices
- Gun Cases
- Gun Cleaning Equipment
- Gun Safes
- Hunting and Fishing Destinations and Outfitters
- Knives, Knife-making and Knife Sharpening Equipment
- Leather Goods and Whips
- Meat and Food Production Equipment
- Outdoor Furniture
- Reloading Equipment
- Shooting and Hunting Services, Associations and Government Agencies
- Shooting Equipment
- Spectacles and Eye Protection
- Torches and Lighting Equipment
- Training (Hunting, Wildlife, Shooting, Archery)
- Vehicle Seat Covers and Luggage
- Wildlife and other insurance
- Wildlife Capturing, Tracking and Sourcing
- Wildlife Pharmaceuticals and Feed
- Wildlife Research, Information and Management
- Wildlife Veterinary Service
- Wildlife Art